Sunday, December 16, 2012

Manteruni Waterfall

I wasn't sure about going for a walk this morning, but I don't want to miss out on anything. I have also learned a valuable lesson in Tanzanian speak. Not steep and not far turned into a long walk that was quite difficult. The waterfall was just beautiful.

We had our lunch packed and water was carried up for us. I also tried chenga which is the local brew, banana and millet fermented together. It looked revolting, it was pink with lots of floaties. I didn't like the taste at all lol.

Continued the next day.

After the walk we went into town and into the Nakumatt which was a huge supermarket. Like a well stocked IGA. We bought some shampoo and bits and pieces. The alcohol was so cheap. A bottle of Smirnoff premix was $1.20. A whole bottle of Bacardi was $20 even $5 cheaper than the bottle I bought duty free at Brisbane Airport.

We got home and enjoyed sitting around talking about the day. It was during this time that we noticed that Sarah one of the girls wasn't with us. We thought we must have left her at the supermarket. As Louis the house owner was driving out, Leonie went to join him as he didn't know what she looked like. Then with lots of yelling and hilarity we noticed that Debra was missing too lol. So much laughter later during happy hour. Debra and Sarah were in another part of the department store and we left in different buses and different seats. We laughed so hard we cried.

Today is Monday, one year since my Dad died. I'm remembering you today especially. With Kilimanjaro as my view outside the front door. Love you so much and miss you even more. Xxxxx

Day one. We are having Orientation. I'll update what happens during the day.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad 3

Location:Tanzania

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having loads of fun already seeing the local sights. Callum would be in smirnoff heaven with those prices lol

    Was thinking of you Jenny, especially today, you're dad would be so proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.