Sunday, December 23, 2012

Weekend

It was very comforting knowing that we didn't have to go to work this morning. For the first time since we've been here I've got a long night's sleep.

A group of us decided to head into Kibolione to buy some fabric. The little village was hot, poor and dusty. I discreetly snapped a few photos. We found one store which had a large selection of fabrics. Between us all we spent about Tz 80000 so the stall holder was very happy (AUD 49).

Afterwards we went into town to have lunch at Union Coffee the pizzas and coffee milkshakes are divine. Leonie met a friend that she'd met here two years ago. Alli and I are planning on a day safari with her at some point.

After lunch I bought an ancient Nokia phone as it is handy to have a phone amongst our group to ring a taxi or for help. It cost $20, very cheap and handy to have here. Local calls are very cheap. I put Tz 5000 credit on my phone $3. Very cheap to stay connected. Rather oxymoronic to see people sitting in a shabby stall selling their wares but they all have a mobile phone. Albeit old ones, iPhones are unseen. Only the tourists have them.

I had a nap when I got home and them emerged for Smirnoff time. Chicken bolognese was for dinner.

A good nights sleep with a plan to do a coffee tour tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad 3

Location:In Tanzania

1 comment:

  1. So very cheap, glad to hear you're getting some 'divine' food :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.